7 Review Score Pike's Place lives up to the name with its award-winning Clam Chowder but falls short on other menu items.
They serve award-winning chowder that even beat Manhatten and New England chefs! The location is small on Post Aly street in Pike Place Market.
When you first arrive, you’ll notice that it’ll be SUPER BUSY and there’s always limited seating. So be prepared to wait in line for at least 20 minutes. Also, have someone save seats while someone waits in line!
1. New England Clam Chowder
This rich, creamy, and wholesome soup is served in a sourdough bread bowl.
I highly recommend this chowder!!!
2. Sampler Option
This is perfect for anyone who wants to try all of the Pike’s Place Chowder soups. It comes with smoked salmon chowder, crab and oyster chowder, seafood bisque and Manhatten style chowder.
- Salmon chowder is surprisingly yummy, but a little salty;
- Crab and oyster chowder is tasty with a generous serving of crab and oysters;
- Seafood bisque is my favorite out of the four soups ordered in the sample platter;
- Manhatten style chowder is good, but I wouldn’t consider it award winning.
3. Shrimp roll and Lobster Roll
The shrimp roll is okay. Lobster roll is overpriced and not worth it. I’ve had better from Maine.
You order the food at a counter and they serve you right away. The staff is friendly and nice.